Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
The scent of freshly baked cinnamon rolls - one of the most beautiful smells in the world, at least we think so! And the feeling of biting into the warm, soft and sweet yeast dough, simply wonderful! In Sweden there is even a day dedicated to them, the "Kanelbullens dag" - Cinnamon Roll Day! Our organic date sugar provides the right caramel-like taste that you want for this recipe and, by the way, also supplies vitamins and minerals. For a reduced-fat variant, you can simply replace the margarine in the filling with unsweetened applesauce and, if you want it to be even healthier, use whole wheat flour, and swap part of it with one of our vegan protein powders!
PREP TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 2 hour 15 mins
for 12 servings
- Mix the date sugar and yeast with the vegetable milk. Then add the mixture to the rest of the ingredients for the dough and knead it for at least 5 minutes. When you press the dough with your finger, it should spring back.
- Now let it rise, covered, in a warm place for about an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to a rectangle about 1cm thick.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling and spread them evenly on the rectangle. Leave a strip of about 1 cm on the long side so that the cinnamon buns hold together well at the end.
- Roll up the dough tightly, starting from the coated long side. Now you can use the end without filling to finish the roll.
- Now cut the roll with a sharp knife into pieces about 3 cm wide. Spread the cinnamon buns with sufficient distance on a baking sheet or a greased baking pan. Cover them again and let them rise for about half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Optional: Brush the cinnamon buns with some melted margarine before baking and sprinkle some erythritol on top for a crunchy topping!
- Bake the cinnamon buns for about 20-25 minutes and let them cool down a bit.
- Mix the ingredients for the frosting in a bowl and spread on the lukewarm cinnamon buns right before serving.
This recipe is made with
Organic date sugar
What do our customers say?